To create a new ConstructionOnline estimate using the Excel import template
ConstructionOnline provides the most powerful cloud-based estimating in the industry, giving users the ability to manage their project financials from proposal generation through final invoicing. Importing from Excel means you can quickly import your tried-and-true Excel template for use in ConstructionOnline.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Company Users assigned to the Project must have permission to be able to create, edit, or delete an Estimate.
- Leave the column names in the Excel template as is. Changing the names will prevent the file from being imported properly.
- The ReadMe sheet in the Excel template explains the purpose of each column in detail.
- You can only import an Excel file if the Project currently has no Estimate.
STEPS TO IMPORT AN ESTIMATE FROM EXCEL
- Navigate to the desired Project via the Left Sidebar
- Select the Financials Tab
- This will automatically open the Estimating category
- Locate the Import from Excel box
- Download the Excel estimate template if you haven't already
- Choose the Template Type & click Download
- Follow the instructions to enter your information in the Template and save it
- Exit Excel and return to ConstructionOnline
- Click the Import from Excel button
- Choose the Excel File to Import and enter the Estimate Name
- Fill out the Estimate information based on the Excel template
- Click Save
- The new Estimate will automatically open
You can create an Estimate anywhere in the Financials category by clicking the green +New button to the top right of the Left Sidebar.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.