To create a Change Order in ConstructionOnline.
After building an Estimate and entering into a contract with your client, changes to the scope of work may still occur. By creating Change Orders, you can account for these changes as well as keep your project's accounting information accurate and on track.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Company Users assigned to the Project must have full permissions to create, edit, or delete Change Orders.
- ClientLink Users assigned to the Project must have Change Order permissions enabled to view and approve/reject Change Orders.
- TeamLink Users assigned to the Project must have permission to view Change Orders in which they're a designated Resource.
- Change Orders will not be factored into the Project total until Approved.
- Some fields are customizable, allowing you to add, edit, or remove items. These fields will be indicated by the gear icon
STEPS TO CREATE A CHANGE ORDER
- Navigate to the desired Project via the Left Sidebar
- Select the Financials tab
- Choose the Change Orders category
- Click the green +Add New Change Order button
- This will open the New Change Order window
- Enter Change Order information:
- Number - This number is automatically generated based on the number of Change Orders already created; however, you can manually change it if needed.
- G.C. Change Order # - This field can be used for any internal numbering system you or your contractor's may use.
- Change Order Name - Enter a title that describes the Change Order. This field is required.
- Subtitle - Enter a subtitle that is a more detailed description of the Change Order.
- Description - Enter any additional details about the Change Order.
- Item Webpage - Enter the webpage where you will purchase the Change Order item.
- Submitted Date - Select the date the Change Order was submitted for Approval.
- Approval Due Date - Select the due date the Change Order must be approved by. This date will have to be edited for a Change Order to be approved after it's passed.
- Added Work Days - This is the additional work days the Change Order will increase the project completion date by.
- There are 3 optional dropdown menus: Trade, Type, & Change Reason. These fields can be customized and used however best works for your team's processes. You can filter by these as well as run reports for each
- Method -
- Lump Sum Change Order - Use this method if you don't need a detailed break down for the Change Order.
- Detailed Change Order - Use this method if you want to itemize costs and methods for the Change Order.
- Price Calculation - Enter the Price information in the desired fields
- Method -
- Assigned Resource(s): Assign TeamLink users you want to view the Change Order. All ClientLink users will have access to the Change Order and be able to Approve/Reject it.
- Attachments: Upload or drag & drop any Files/Photos pertinent to the Change Order
- Status: Set the Change Order Status to Draft or Pending Approval
- Draft Change Orders will not be visible in the Portal & cannot be Approved/Rejected
- Pending Change Orders will be visible in the Portal & are available for Approval/Rejection
- Click Save
You can create a Change Order anywhere in the Financials category by clicking the green +New button to the top right of the Left Sidebar.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- To ensure your ClientLink and TeamLink Users can access Change Orders in the Portal, view Manage ClientLink/TeamLink Permissions.
- Set Custom Project Permissions for Employees to control how Company Users are able to access and interact with Change Orders.
- Only Approved Change Orders will show on the Estimate and be added to the Project total. Pending & Rejected Change Orders will show on the Estimate, but will not alter the Project total.
- ConstructionOnline Invoices can only be created for Approved Change Orders.
- Approved Change Orders can be sent to QuickBooks.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.