Streamline the creation of a construction checklist by directly importing checklist items from an Excel file to ConstructionOnline
As the industry-leading provider of construction management software, ConstructionOnline™ empowers construction pros with powerful tools to create and manage construction checklists. In addition to creating new construction checklists from scratch, ConstructionOnline Company Users can also import checklists from Excel using one of ConstructionOnline's custom Excel templates. Importing checklists from Excel gives construction pros more flexibility when creating checklists for general safety, quality assurance, pre-work, and other project-related tasks & sub-tasks.
This article contains the following sections:
- Checklists must be imported using one of ConstructionOnline's Excel templates to ensure Checklists are properly formatted for successful import.
- Each Checklist Item or Item Issue number must be a whole integer. For example, 1 or 2 are acceptable; not 1.1. or 2.1.
- The template column structure should not be edited. All columns and column headers must remain as presented in the template file for import.
STEPS TO IMPORT A CHECKLIST FROM EXCEL
- Navigate to the desired Project via the Left Sidebar.
- Select the Project Tracking tab, then choose the Checklists category.
- From the Checklists pane, click the green (+) Add New... button and select the Import from Excel File option.
- Under Download Checklist Excel Templates, click on the blue hyperlinked text of your desired Checklist Template type to download a copy of the template to your device.
- After opening the downloaded template, enter your Checklist information into the template.
- Once data has been entered into the Excel spreadsheet, review to confirm that it follows the required import format and no column headers have been removed or edited.
- If using the template with Item Issues, make sure each Item and Item Issue is populated to an individual row within the corresponding column for data to import successfully.
- After confirming the Checklist is formatted properly for import, save the Excel file as a .XLXS or .CSV file.
- Navigate back to the Checklist window and click the Choose File button.
- Using your device's file manager, locate and upload the saved template file.
- Enter the desired name for your Checklist in the Checklist Name field.
- Click the blue Import button to initialize the import of the Checklist.
- The system will confirm a successful import by displaying a message stating "Your Checklist was successfully imported"
- Any changes to the template column structure will result in a formatting error message. Affected Checklist Items will be skipped during the import and will not appear within ConstructionOnline.
- Permissions: Company Users must have permissions for Checklists set as "Can Create, Edit, & Delete" to import a Checklist into ConstructionOnline.
- ClientLink/TeamLink Access: ClientLink™ and TeamLink™ Users cannot import Checklists from Excel; however, depending upon the ConstructionOnline Company's ClientLink/TeamLink Settings, they may have permission to view or edit Checklist Items.
- Mobile App: Importing Checklists from Excel is exclusively available via browser access to ConstructionOnline.