Frequently asked questions about system requirements for ConstructionOnline™ & the CO™ Mobile App
What should my internet speed connection be when running ConstructionOnline™?
Similar to the recommendation for utilizing any modern web-based system, we recommend ensuring your internet download speed is 200-300 Mbps at the minimum when running ConstructionOnline. A weak or spotty connection will impact your ability to successfully manage your construction data within the platform.
Are there certain browsers I should use to run ConstructionOnline?
Yes! We recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browsers to access and utilize ConstructionOnline.
Are there any factors that could reduce the performance of my ConstructionOnline recommended browser?
Yes! Occasionally, we find that issues with internet browsers contribute to the ability to access and utilize ConstructionOnline. Here are some factors that you should be aware of -
- Your browser isn't up-to-date - To use ConstructionOnline, you need to use an up-to-date web browser. If you aren't utilizing the latest version of your browser, you may not be able to access your ConstructionOnline account or use all of its features. For best results, access ConstructionOnline with the latest version of Google Chrome.
- You have too many tabs open in your browser - Too many tabs open within one internet browser can take up the system resources needed to successfully run ConstructionOnline. For best results, limit the number of tabs you have open within the browser window you are running ConstructionOnline from.
- Your browser's history is full - As you explore the internet, your web browser automatically stores temporary copies of the necessary files to display the websites you visit. If you encounter issues while running ConstructionOnline, clearing your browser's cache, history, and cookies is an effective way to "reset" the browser. For more information about clearing your cache in different browsers, refer to How to clear your cache on any browser.
- You need to assess your browser's extensions - In some cases, the type or amount of browser extensions running on your browser can slow down performance. If your browser is running slow, review all of your installed browser extensions and disable any blockers you may have.
- Your operating system may be too old - If your operating system or device is older, it might not be compatible with the latest version of your web browser. If you are unable update your browser due to your operating system's limitations, consider updating your system or device to ensure compatibility.
What should I do if I'm experiencing trouble running ConstructionOnline?
If you are experiencing trouble running ConstructionOnline, use the following steps to troubleshoot and identify the cause -
- Verify you have a strong, stable internet connection (200-300 Mbsp download speed).
- Ensure you are using the most up-to-date version of one of ConstructionOnline's recommended browsers.
- Refresh your internet browser.
- Restart your internet browser.
- Clear your internet browser's history, cache, and cookies.
- Log out of ConstructionOnline, and then log back in to ConstructionOnline.
- Switch to a different ConstructionOnline recommended browser than you are currently using.
- Restart your personal computer box.
- Repeat Steps 1-8.
In the rare instance that you are still experiencing trouble running ConstructionOnline after following through these steps at least two times, contact our Support Team for additional assistance. Be sure to indicate exactly which steps you’ve already tried so that we can better assist you.
Can I upload more than 20 photos at one time to the CO™ Mobile App?
No. For the most successful performance of the CO Mobile App, we recommend uploading no more than 20 photos at one time.
If you are uploading photos as attachments to a feature, we recommend uploading an initial batch of 20 photos, then using the feature's "edit" capabilities to add additional photos in batches of 20 photos at one time. So, for example, if you need to upload 40 photos to a Daily Log, create the Daily Log and add the first 20 photos as attachments. Then, edit the Daily Log to add the remaining 20 photos. A new log does not need to be created in order to upload more photos.
What devices are recommended for field use?
If your field team needs browser access to ConstructionOnline, we recommend Microsoft Surface tablets. The Microsoft Surface has the power of a Windows machine with the portability and touch capacities of a tablet, making it the perfect option for team members who wish to access the browser version of ConstructionOnline on the jobsite.
What type of support resources are available through ConstructionOnline?
If you are still experiencing trouble running ConstructionOnline after following the recommended steps above, the ConstructionOnline Customer Support Team is here to help! You can contact our award-winning support staff using one of the following methods:
- Click the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner of ConstructionOnline
- Call 800.700.8321
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our U.S.-based Support Team is ready to take your chats, calls, and emails any time between 9 AM to 6:00 PM ET.