To set up your ConstructionOnline + QuickBooks Desktop Integration.
Intuit QuickBooks Desktop offers unmatched flexibility when it comes to meeting your company's accounting needs. Through QuickBooks, you can create items used to track job costs, income, spending habits, and overall profitability of your company. Now, with the addition of Socket, you will be able to do all this in record time!
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Socket will add all selected items and accounts to QuickBooks - please consult your accountant and bookkeeper regarding these settings.
- First time users will need to log into QuickBooks as Admin in Single-User mode to accept the Integration Certificate in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks and Socket will need to be installed on the same computer to integrate.
- The QuickBooks Initial Setup is a universal set of settings - you only have to perform the setup once for all projects!
- You must have an internet connection - This is a Direct Connection!
STEPS TO CONFIGURE THE QUICKBOOKS INTEGRATION
- Open Socket and Log in using your ConstructionOnline Username and Password
- Once the Project list has loaded, click QuickBooks Initial Setup
- Select the account type and level of detail for your Outgoing accounts (A/P Accounts)
- Use a parent account if you want to separate your new UDA accounts or if you are using a single outgoing account.
- Select the account type for all outgoing accounts created through Socket.
- Use a single account if you plan to remap your new UDA Items to your existing chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
- Select the Item Type and details for your new UDA Items.
- Use a Parent Item to keep your UDA Items separated from your existing items.
- Select the Item Type for all items created by Socket. Service is recommended if you currently use any form of Payroll or time-tracking software.
- Select "Items are used for invoicing" if you plan on using progress invoicing or creating invoices through Socket. (Recommended)
- Enter your preferred account name and type for all revenue. (A/R Account)
- Select your preferred account name. This can be an exact match to your existing account or a new account.
- Select the account type for your incoming account.
- Click OK to complete the QuickBooks Integration Setup and start using Socket with QuickBooks
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.