To create a Credit Memo with ConstructionOnline and QuickBooks integration
ConstructionOnline paired with QuickBooks makes creating and sending Credit Memos easy. Credit Memos are created by making a Change Order with a negative cost assigned. Once the Change Order is approved, it can be sent to QuickBooks. When sent to QuickBooks, the negative Change Order converts to a Credit Memo.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Completing the Company Integration, connecting a ClientLink user, and connecting the project are all required before Change Orders can be sent to QuickBooks Online.
- Only ConstructionOnline Company Administrators can sync ConstructionOnline and QuickBooks Online.
- Change Orders must be approved before sending to QuickBooks Online.
STEPS TO CREATE A CREDIT MEMO (NEGATIVE CHANGE ORDER)
- Navigate to the desired Project via the Left Sidebar
- Select the Financials tab
- Choose the Change Orders category
- Click the green +Add New Change Order button
- This will open the New Change Order window
- Enter Change Order information in tabs 1-5 and click Save
- The price of the Change Order must be negative to convert to a Credit Memo
- Approve the negative Change Order
- You can then click the Send Change Order to QuickBooks button
You can choose to automatically send Estimates and/or Invoices to QuickBooks for approved Change Orders. To enable these settings, click the gray 3-Dot Action Menu within the Change Orders category and select QuickBooks Settings > Change Orders.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.