Create a QuickBooks purchase order from a ConstructionOnline estimate or change order.
QuickBooks provides the ability to create, track, and receive against purchase orders for all projects. QuickBooks purchase orders can be created manually or using the "Create Purchase Order" feature on your QuickBooks estimate. Socket streamlines this process using the details you already added to the estimate in ConstructionOnline, like resources, to automate this otherwise time-consuming task.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- The QuickBooks Initial Setup must be completed prior to sending over your first estimate.
- All QuickBooks transactions require a Customer and a Job which must be set in ConstructionOnline.
- QuickBooks and Socket will need to be installed and open on your computer to integrate.
- QuickBooks requires purchase orders be enabled (Edit > Preferences > Items & Inventory > Company Preferences > check "Inventory and purchase orders are active"
- QuickBooks requires at least one vendor prior to creating a purchase order.
- You must have an internet connection - This is a Direct Connection!
STEPS TO CREATE A QUICKBOOKS PURCHASE ORDER USING SOCKET
- Open Socket and log in using your ConstructionOnline Username and Password.
- Select a project from the Projects list.
- Click 'Create Purchase Order' and select the primary customer if prompted.
- Select which estimate or change order you would like to use
- New customers, jobs, and change order jobs will be created in QuickBooks as needed.
- Change order jobs will always be created in QuickBooks under the primary customer:job
- (Optional) Select Filter by Estimate Framework
- After selecting, select all areas to be included through the button labelled "Click to make selection(s)"
- Client Selections can be included with the Base Estimate
- (Optional) Filter by Resource to create a purchase order based on assigned resource in the estimate or change order
- When filtering by resource, Socket will attempt to pre-select the QuickBooks vendor below if there is an exact match to selected resource
- (Optional) Filter by classification to generate a purchase order exclusively for the selected calssification
- QuickBooks treats all purchase orders the same regardless of which classification is used.
- Classifications include: Materials, Labor, Subcontractor, Equipment, and Other
- Choose the QuickBooks Vendor to assign the purchase order. This will create the purchase order, assign it to the Vendor, then automatically open it in QuickBooks
- Include Line Item Markup if required. Markups are not traditionally included as they are not typically part of the cost.
- Click OK to generate your purchase order in QuickBooks
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.