Create a QuickBooks invoice from a ConstructionOnline estimate or change order.
QuickBooks provides the ability to create, track, and receive payments against invoices for clients for all projects. QuickBooks Invoices can be created manually or using a progress invoicing feature which requires entering percentages for each item in an estimate. Socket now offers new methods for creating those invoices, including invoicing for work complete.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- The QuickBooks Initial Setup must be completed prior to sending over your first estimate.
- All QuickBooks transactions require a Customer and a Job which must be set in ConstructionOnline.
- QuickBooks and Socket will need to be installed and open on your computer to integrate.
- You must have an internet connection - This is a Direct Connection!
STEPS TO CREATE A QUICKBOOKS INVOICE USING SOCKET
- Open Socket and log in using your ConstructionOnline Username and Password.
- Select a project from the Projects list.
- Click 'Create Invoice' and select the primary customer if prompted.
- Select which estimate or change order you would like to invoice from in QuickBooks
- New customers, jobs, and change order jobs will be created in QuickBooks as needed.
- Change order jobs will always be created in QuickBooks under the primary customer:job
- Choose the areas in the estimate or change order to invoice
- Check the box for each area you would like to include in the QuickBooks Invoice.
- Client Selections are available as part of the Base Estimate.
- Choose what percentage of all selected areas you would like invoice.
- When invoicing for percent complete, enter your preferred percentage in the space provided. This number must be from 0 to 100 and can not include letters or symbols.
- Include all markups as needed for your QuickBooks Invoice.
- Company Overhead & Margin can be included as separate items or prorated into each line. This selection should match your proposal or contract to the client.
- Line item markups should be included if used in the estimate on ConstructionOnline
- Click OK to create the invoice. This may take a moment to complete but will open automatically in QuickBooks when complete.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.