To import a Cost Code List into ConstructionOnline
ConstructionOnline's Cost Code system ties numerous features together based on the type of work being completed. It boosts visibility for each division cost and allows you to stay organized and informed throughout the construction process.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- A Cost Code List is required in order to use Cost Codes in a project.
- Imported Cost Code Lists must precisely follow the format provided.
- Any Cost Code List can be exported from ConstructionOnline in the same import format.
- There are 4 Cost Code Import Templates: 2, 3, 4, and 5-Level.
STEPS TO IMPORT A COST CODE LIST
- Navigate to the Company Dropdown Menu at the top right corner of the page
- Select Company Cost Codes
- This will open the Cost Codes page
- Click the green +Add New button
- This will open the Add New Cost Code List window
- Select Import Cost Codes
- This will open the Import Cost Codes window
- Download the Excel Template that best matches your Cost Code List based on division levels, from 2 to 5 Levels
- Follow the instructions to enter your information in the Template and save it
- Exit Excel and return to ConstructionOnline
- Choose the Excel File and enter a Name
- Click Import
TIPS AND TRICKS
When/If your imported Cost Code List needs to be changed, you can edit the list directly in ConstructionOnline.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.