To access a File or Photo from within ConstructionOnline that's stored in your Dropbox
Integrating your ConstructionOnline account with your Dropbox account allows for you to directly and easily access Files & Photos stored in Dropbox. ConstructionOnline’s comprehensive file management system paired with Dropbox’s integration capabilities makes receiving and sending Files/Photos an efficient and direct process. They can be managed from a single location, eliminating the need for multiple systems to be at play.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Dropbox Integration is available to all ConstructionOnline Pro Users.
- Files/Photos will not be automatically shared between ConstructionOnline & Dropbox.
STEPS TO ACCESS FILES/PHOTOS VIA DROPBOX
- Navigate to Company Files, My Files, or a Project via the Left Sidebar
- Select the Files tab if you're in a Project
- Click the green +Add New button
- Select New Upload
- This will open the Upload Files window
- Click Your Cloud File Storage
- Choose Dropbox from the list of Cloud Storage options
- Select the Files/Photos you want to copy to ConstructionOnline
- Entire Albums/Folders can be uploaded from Dropbox to ConstructionOnline
- Finalize by clicking “Copy selected item(s) to ConstructionOnline”
- This button will then show "Files transferring" while the files are being transferred. Once it is complete, the modal will close. Files can now be managed from within your ConstructionOnline account along with all other project details.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Keep in mind that Dropbox Integration is a one-way integration. In other words, Files/Photos cannot be sent from ConstructionOnline to Dropbox directly.
- Editing and/or deleting Files/Photos in ConstructionOnline that were uploaded from Dropbox will have no effect on the original File/Photo stored in Dropbox.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
We're here to help! Chat with a Specialist by clicking the orange Chat icon in the bottom left corner or Contact UDA Support for additional options.